Painted bathroom flooring is recommended for you who have skill to apply such kind of art in bathroom. Well, painted bathroom allows you to release your imagination and create any art to give special sensation in the bathroom. Actually, the process is not as simple way as applying vinyl or cork. There are some steps to create your own painted bathroom flooring.
How to Make Your Painted Bathroom Flooring
- You have to prepare caulk, broom, mop, sandpaper, oil based primer, high gloss waterproof paint, paint roller in some different sizes, and paintbrush.
- Clean the entire of bathroom floor, if there is damaged spot try to repair it before painting the floor. Sand the current bathroom flooring such as tiles, vinyl, or wood.
- Apply on the entire oil based primer gently. Try to do the project start on the farthest area from the door. Apply the first coat of primer, wait to dry and apply the second coat.
- Once the primer has dried, paint the entire of bathroom start from the outer edge of flooring. Wait to dry, apply the second and third coat of waterproof paint.
- After the entire bathroom has been painted and dried, you can apply faux finish or stencil as a finishing option.
Fresh sense not only come from plants and its planters applied in the bathroom. Green abstract painted bathroom flooring created in this shiny bathroom also create fresh accent perfectly. The complicated arrangement of green painting which look like leaves, it precisely becomes a focal point in this bathroom. Pure white color applied on the wall and ceiling makes this simple bathroom bigger and lighter.
Blue is identical with the deep sea and it is suitable to represent the bathroom function where gallons of water found in. An orange fish looks swimming beautifully on the blue painted bathroom flooring. A white lotus floating on this pond look painted bathroom flooring under the floating vanity.
In conclusion, painted bathroom flooring is a creative alternative to fill your bathroom flooring décor ideas. You certainly have to suit it with the color and decorating applied on the wall to create great combination.